Travel Info

Travelling to Canada


Certain countries and territories need a full visa to visit or transit Canada. If you hold an alien’s passport or you’re stateless, you’ll need a visa. Please visit the Canada Border Services Agency website for more information.


Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. It is in the form of an electronic authorization which is applied for online at the following Canadian Government website:

The eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. The eTA authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. Last-minute applications can be made on any device with an internet connection, including mobile phones. Most applicants can expect to get an email response within minutes of applying.

The traveler is charged $7 CAD per application. This charge is collected by the Canadian Government.

In addition to eTA you’ll need to ensure you carry proper travel documents and identification for yourself and any children travelling with you.

Apply online for an eTA