Children and Infants
At Primera Air, we do everything we can to make your child's travelling experience as safe and comfortable as possible.
If you are traveling with an infant, you are also permitted the following:
- 1 standard-sized bag (up to 10 kg) for items important for the comfort and care of the infant, which can be either taken in the cabin or checked in.
- A carrying basket for an infant or a stroller for children up to 6 years old can be carried free of charge.
- These items may be used until boarding time, when they will normally be loaded into the aircraft's storage compartment.
If you travel without a child seat, your infant will receive a special infant seat belt to be used in conjunction with your own seat belt.
Please note that Primera Air is not able to provide child seats.
You may bring on board an approved child seat, provided that there are free seats on the flight in question. You may also want to consider ensuring a seat for your child by purchasing the child fare.
If you're travelling with children, remember to bring everything they'll need for the journey, like nappies, baby food, etc.
Child seats must meet one of the following standards:
- Child Restraint Devices (CRDs) approved for use in aircraft by any Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) organisation, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or Transport Canada (on the basis of a national technical standard) and marked accordingly.
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles according to UN standard ECE R 44, -03 or later series of amendments.
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft according to Canadian CMVSS 213/213.1.
- CRDs approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft according to US FMVSS No. 213, and which were manufactured to these standards on or after February 26, 1985. US-approved CRDs manufactured after this date must bear the following: "THIS CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEM CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS" and "THIS RESTRAINT IS CERTIFIED FOR USE IN MOTOR VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT".
- CRDs that qualify for use in aircraft according to the German "Qualification Procedure for Child Restraint Systems for Use in Aircraft" (TÜV/958-01/2001).
Children Travelling Alone
Special rules apply to children travelling alone. Children travelling alone between the ages of 5 and 11 (up to the 12th birthday) are considered Unaccompanied Minors (UMs). Children under that age can only be accepted for travel if they are accompanied by an adult passenger or a special escort provided by Primera Air.
Primera Air can accept Unaccompanied Minors (5–11) given the following conditions:
- An additional service charge. Please see our Table of Fees for more information. Only one fee is charged if two or more unaccompanied minors are traveling together.
- A maximum of 4 Unaccompanied Minors can be carried on each flight.
- Unaccompanied Minors must be checked-in by an adult guardian, who must provide photo identification and contact information, as well as evidence of the relationship to the child. On arrival at the destination, the Primera Air ground agent will only release the child to the guardian specified in the child's reservation documents once the guardian's photo identification and contact information have been checked.
- Travel documents for the Unaccompanied Minor concerned are placed in a special Primera Air wallet, which is to be clearly visible on the child.
Cabin Crew Service for UMs
UMs are escorted on board by ground-handling personnel, who must also be in possession of the required documentation. The Senior Cabin Crew Member (SCCM) in charge accepts the UM, signs the relevant company form, and keeps one copy.
The SCCM nominates a crew member to be in charge of monitoring the UM in-flight and assisting them upon arrival at the final destination.